- Anuji Gunasekara
- Skincare 101
- 0 likes
- 6248 views
How the modern facial mist works
Facial Mists, today’s Toners
A facial mist is a secret weapon for healthy skin. It is typically a water-based solution that is swiped on after washing the face before applying the rest of skincare products or whenever your skin needs an extra boost of hydration and an instantly refreshed feeling.
Therefore, facial mist itself works double duty as a toner and an essence. These mist formula feature fast-penetrating actives moisture-binding ingredients and beneficial boosters (like Rosewater, lavender water!) going beyond their primary role of skin toning.
How traditional toners work
Traditional toners used to contain a high percentage of alcohols to remove oil from the skin until the recent past.
Therefore, they were considered, insanely astringent, and unduly drying, all of which are certainly not beneficial to a healthy and radiant complexion.
However, the new generation toners like facial mists do the opposite.
What does the modern facial mist / toner do?
1. Promotes the absorption of follow-up skincare products
Damp skin quickly sinks the active ingredients. Imagine your skin is like a sponge, it absorbs better when it is damp. Therefore facial mist can help skin do better penetration of skin care products you are applying on after.
2. Hydrates the skin
The humectants such as glycerin which grab onto moisture and help hold it in the skin increasing skin’s hydration. Skin is left with a plumper, dewier look.
But note that it is necessary to lock in the extra moisture after misting with a good moisturizer in your AM/PM skincare routine.
3. Soothes skin
Active botanicals with anti-inflammatory properties including Aloe vera, Rose and Lavender that can soothe stressed skin and reduce redness. The alcohol-free skin-soothing formulas are perfect for sensitive skin even.
4. Reduces greasiness and prevents breakouts
With ingredients like oat silk absorb excess oil and regulate sebum production. They also include actives such as Allantoin that refines pores and avoids irritation while gently exfoliating and preventing breakouts.
5. Makes makeup more natural
A good face mist can help blend foundation more easily, giving skin a sheer, even finish instead of looking cakey. It also extends the wear-time of your makeup. Besides, micro-size droplets are designed to settle on the face without disrupting your makeup in between refreshing sessions.
Pro-tip: Mist your beauty blender with facial mist instead of water for additional hydrating benefits.
6. Refreshes the senses
The act of gently misting not only refreshes dry & sleep-deprived skin but also calms you down with its therapeutic notes of scent while feeling like an indulgent, luxurious mini spa treatment. Spritz it whenever you need a pick-me-up!
Pro-tip: Store the facial mist in the fridge for an extra refreshing sensation.
At EwaliBeauty, we have introduced two facial mist formulas that can be the perfect addition to your skincare routine.
Our Rosewater Hydrating Face Mist soaks into the skin and locks in moisture leaving skin fresh, hydrated and scented with delicate feminine notes of Rose. It also relieves red & stressed skin while boosting the brightness.
Lavender Flower Water Calming Face Mist refreshes and awakens the skin with the perfect light, natural scent. A cocktail of active ingredients retains moisture, calms skin and clears blemishes while enhancing the complexion.
How these ingredients are beneficial to your skin
- Rosewater has potent anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce redness and soothe skin irritations. This antioxidant powerhouse protects skin against free radicals and smoothes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The aroma of Rosewater uplifts and relaxes the mood.
- Lavender flower water is a refreshing yet relaxing distillate that keeps pimples and blemishes at bay due to its antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties. It also calms the skin.
- Moisture magnets (aka humectants) such as glycerin attract water molecules from surrounding environments and bind to the skin. Lacing with incredibly moisturizing Aloe vera provides additional hydration as well.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that nullifies the free radicals, increases cellular regeneration to restore damaged cells while revitalizing the skin.
- Allantoin keeps the skin moisturized and softened. Moreover, it refines pores and improves skin dullness while its non-irritating qualities soothe the skin.
- Oat silk imparts a soft, silky and non-greasy appearance on the skin.
M.Sc. in Medical Microbiology, B.Sc. in Applied Science (major in Chemistry and Botany) and more than 8 years of industrial experience. In her career, she has formulated 600+ new products, reformulated existing products and created experimental studies to resolve problems during projects.
We love to share only the good stuff. Get it straight to your inbox.